Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These colourful roll-ups are not only impressive to look at, they are delicious.
- 3 large slice fast fry steak
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 16 slices mortadella
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh ground sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup bold barbecue sauce
- See step by step photos.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cover counter with a sheet of parchment paper and lay first slice of fast fry steak with the length-wise horizontally across parchment sheet.
- Lay next slice slightly overlapping over first, followed by the third slice.
- Cover the steak slices with another piece of parchment paper and pound the steak where the seams meet.
- Layer the prosciutto length-wise vertically over the steak slices.
- Layer the mortadella slices over the prosciutto.
- Process onions in the food processor and layer over the cheese.
- Process peppers in the food processor and layer over onions.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper over the onions and peppers.
- Using the parchment paper for leverage, start rolling from the edge closest to you, jellyroll-style.
- Using either butcher twine or bamboo sticks broken in half, secure the roll by either tying the string or inserting sticks 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Once the entire roll has been secured, slice between the ties or sticks.
- Places rolls on baking sheet and spread barbeque sauce on top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes (to desired doneness).
- Serve with side of choice.