2 hrs 20 mins
The best roulade you will have ever tasted. I found this years ago in a Company's Coming recipe book and it is a hit. After simmering for the amount of time you can cut each one with a fork. A real crowd pleaser or make it just for the two of you. I have stuffed it with different pickled veggies such as beans, asparagus, carrots etc..use your imagination to change it up your way.....enjoy .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 pieces thinly slice round steaks
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1 -2 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 large dill pickles, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 2 -3 tablespoons margarine (not butter)
- 1Lay meat slices on flat surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay 2 pieces of bacon on top of meat followed by onion, green pepper and a slice of dill pickle. Roll each steak up and either tie with a string or hold together with picks.
- 2Coat rolls with flour. Brown in first amount of margarine in frying pan. add more margarine if needed. Place rolls in small roaster when nicely browned.
- 3Melt second amount of margarine (or butter) in frying pan. Mix in second amount of flour and bouillon powder. Stir in water and ketchup until it boils and thickens. Pour over meat in roaster. Cover. Bake in 350 F oven until fork tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rouladen
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 743.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g