Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be used as a simple spread or with fish dishes.
- 2 ripe red bell peppers
- 1 large floury potato
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Roast the bell peppers whole in the oven; skin, deseed and chop into pieces.
- Boil the potato in its skin, rinse and peel.
- Pound garlic, chili, saffron and salt in a mortar.
- Add the potato and peppers.
- Gradually add the olive oil until it is the consistency of a fine puree.