1/2 Photos of Rough Apple Galette
1 hr 5 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
Posting for ZWT 5 Frenc Region From Laura Calder of French Food at Home The heat seems a bit high but that is what the recipe stated ???
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced approximate
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 2Put the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Add the butter pieces and pinch with the fingers to create a crumb texture. Make a well in the middle, and pour in the vanilla and water.
- 4Quickly work in the flour to create dough.
- 5Do not over-mix.
- 6Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 7Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- 8Roll the pastry into a round and lay on a baking sheet.
- 10Roll the pastry into a round and lay on a baking sheet.
- 11Stir together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 12Toss in the apples to coat, and dump onto the pastry.
- 13Dot with the butter.
- 14Bring the edges of the pastry up over so they lay in, rough-edged, on the apples. They won’t cover the apples completely.
- 15Bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the apples soft to a fork and caramelized, 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rough Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g