Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't know what to do with your rotten fruit? Why throw it away? There's nothing better than hot Strawberry Banana Bread out of the oven. My mom used to make plain old Rotten Banana bread on weekend mornings and you could smell it through the kitchen. I've tried to make it healthier by using low fat butter with omegas in it and switching from all white to 50% wheat/50% white flour. I also add strawberries on occasion, although sometimes I stick to just banana. Either way it's moist and delicious (especially with a glass of milk)! You can add nuts if you like- I've always omitted them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together stick butter (low fat or regular) and sugar in a large minxing bowl.
- Mix in flour.
- Sift together the baking soda and salt.
- Mix this into the bowl.
- Mash the bananas and strawberries together until you have 1 1/2 cups combined. *Can use just 1 1/2 cups bananas.
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients.
- Add two eggs and mix.
- Add nuts if desired, mix.
- Pour into a loaf pan, bake anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 hour (depending on oven). Keep watch on the bread, make sure it gets finished but don't let it get overdone!