- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in medium-size fry pan until crisp.
- Remove and reserve bacon.
- Add sugar, vinegar, and wine to bacon fat; stir and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this hot mixture over the cabbage.
- Toss with vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.