Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Adapted from the Food and Cooking of Germany. Posted for ZWT6. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs red cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 4 teaspoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cranberry jam
- 3 ounces walnuts, toasted
- Put cabbage in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add vinegar and oil and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix applesauce and jam and stir into the cabbage.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Top with toasted walnuts.
this was very good, I couldn't find cranberry jam so I used cranberry sauce that seems to work well, so delicious and I look forward to making it again, thanks Pat!
This is really delicious! I Couldn't find cranberry jam and I went to three stores! I'm sure the cranberry added to the flavor, but I felt it was just as tasty with the raspberry! Very nice recipe! Thanks for sharing! Made for an event at one of KK's forums!