1 hr 3 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven and saute onions 3 minutes.
- 2Add cabbage and immediately pour vinegar over cabbage to prevent it from losing its red color.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- 4Add chopped apple or applesauce and a piece of salt pork.
- 5Pour in red wine and hot beef broth.
- 6Cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 7Cabbage should be just tender, not soft.
- 8Shortly before end of cooking time, remove salt pork; cube and retrun it to the cabbage if desired.
- 9Correct seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotkohl (Red Cabbage)
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g