Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and delicious chicken salad you can put together in no time. The flavors of the rotisserie chicken mingled with the vinaigrette dressing and veggies Are delightful. This recipe makes extra dressing, so keep some in the fridge for another salad. I always make extra and this recipe accounts for that ;)
- 3 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, cut up
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 cup julienne red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- In a large bowl toss Romaine lettuce, chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, celery and.
- Dressing until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Wordeful salad. I used leftover chicken from Chicken Paprika and I did added the capers which was a excellent combination. I had it as my lunch at work so I left out the onions. Thanks for posting!
I would have to agree with the other reviewers. Fantastic dressing! I myself do not like much dressing. Since it is very flavourful - a little goes a long way. I poured half (4 oz) of the salad dressing onto the salad before serving it. I found that the salad still "drowned" in it for me. But like I said, I do not like much dressing. Next time I'll pour one quarter into the whole salad. Or I'll just leave the dressing on the table and let others control the amount of dressing themselves. I am following Weight Watchers. I figured out that you get 12 servings of dressing at 1 point each (about 20 ml). I like the fact I'll have a fantastic dressing leftover for other salads throughout the week! 100g (just over 3 oz) of the Rotisserie chicken (skinless and no wings) is probably about 4 points. I figure an appetizer sized salad with dressing is about 5 points and a good sized (double) salad about 9 points.
This made for a great lunch, paired with some fresh bread. I deskinned and defatted the chicken first. Dressing amount will feed at least 8 people, so the nutrition facts aren't as bad as they look. Thanks, Chef V!