A simple and delicious chicken salad you can put together in no time. The flavors of the rotisserie chicken mingled with the vinaigrette dressing and veggies Are delightful. This recipe makes extra dressing, so keep some in the fridge for another salad. I always make extra and this recipe accounts for that ;)
- 3 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, cut up
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 cup julienne red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- In a large bowl toss Romaine lettuce, chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, celery and.
- Dressing until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.