Recipe by internetnut
Tender, moist and easily cut off the bone chicken. My family loved this chicken. The spices are very flavorful. When I made this I cut my onion into 4 quarters. I recommend wearing gloves when rubbing the chicken and when putting the chicken in the crockpot as your hand do get messy. I also cooked my chicken for 4 hours and high and it was perfect. I found this recipe on Pinchin Your Pennies.
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml dried oregano leaves
- 9.85 ml dried thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 1360.77 g roasting chickens
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and onion.
- Rub herb mixture inside and outside of chicken.
- Place in food storage bag; seal bag.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag; stuff with onion.
- Place in crockpot on low 6-8 hours; high 2-4 hours. Chicken juices should run clear and chicken reaches 180*.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.