Recipe by luvmybge
Another rotisserie recipe from Diane Phillips. Ground chicken is a leaner alternative to beef, but tends to be dry when made into a burger. The olive oil in the pesto moistens these burgers and gives them a wonderful flavor. Dress them up with sun dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and serve them on crusty rolls.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
BASIL PESTO (use 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups basil leaves, fresh
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pesto Directions:.
- In blender or food processor, process basil, Parmesan, garlic and pine nuts until all are minced together.
- With the machine running add the olive oil and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar and float 1/2 inch of olive oil on top. When ready to use, pour off the olive oil and stir the pesto. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to two months.
- Burger Directions:.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chicken, pesto, bread crumbs and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate the patties until ready to cook, up to 12 hours.
- Coat the rotisserie basket with nonstick cooking spray, load the patties into the basket and close the lid tightly.
- Load the basket onto the spit rod assembly and grill the burgers until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the basket and serve immediately.