Another rotisserie recipe from Diane Phillips. Ground chicken is a leaner alternative to beef, but tends to be dry when made into a burger. The olive oil in the pesto moistens these burgers and gives them a wonderful flavor. Dress them up with sun dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and serve them on crusty rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BASIL PESTO (use 1/2 cup)
- 1Pesto Directions:.
- 2In blender or food processor, process basil, Parmesan, garlic and pine nuts until all are minced together.
- 3With the machine running add the olive oil and process until smooth.
- 4Pour the mixture into a glass jar and float 1/2 inch of olive oil on top. When ready to use, pour off the olive oil and stir the pesto. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to two months.
- 5Burger Directions:.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chicken, pesto, bread crumbs and pepper.
- 7Form the mixture into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate the patties until ready to cook, up to 12 hours.
- 8Coat the rotisserie basket with nonstick cooking spray, load the patties into the basket and close the lid tightly.
- 9Load the basket onto the spit rod assembly and grill the burgers until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 10Remove from the basket and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Pesto Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 41.0 g