Another rotisserie recipe from Diane Phillips. Ground chicken is a leaner alternative to beef, but tends to be dry when made into a burger. The olive oil in the pesto moistens these burgers and gives them a wonderful flavor. Dress them up with sun dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and serve them on crusty rolls. You can use store bought pesto or use the recipe given below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BASIL PESTO (use 1/2 cup or store-bought pesto)
- 1Pesto Directions:.
- 2In blender or food processor, process basil, Parmesan, garlic and pine nuts until all are minced together.
- 3With the machine running add the olive oil and process until smooth.
- 4Pour the mixture into a glass jar and float 1/2 inch of olive oil on top. When ready to use, pour off the olive oil and stir the pesto. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to two months.
- 5Burger Directions:.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chicken, pesto, bread crumbs and pepper.
- 7Form the mixture into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate the patties until ready to cook, up to 12 hours.
- 8Coat the rotisserie basket with nonstick cooking spray, load the patties into the basket and close the lid tightly.
- 9Load the basket onto the spit rod assembly and grill the burgers until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 10Remove from the basket and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Pesto Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 40.6 g