Prep6 hrs 30 mins
A wonderful change for pork roast. If you don't have a rotisserie you can make it in your oven.
Make and share this Rotisserie Peach And Ginger Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
Basic Pork Brine
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 lbs pork loin roast (brined for 4 - 6 hours)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled pitted and coarsely chopped ripe peaches
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- DISSOLVE the salt and sugar in the water, then soak the pork in the brine for 4-6 hours; Remove from the brine, rinse well, dry thoroughly with paper towels and proceed with the recipe.
- BRUSH the roast with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and rub all over with the salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh ginger; Load the roast onto the spit rod assembly and roast until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees, about 20 minutes per pound.
- HEAT the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes; Add the peaches, lemon juice, ground ginger, and brown sugar and simmer until the mixture reduces and thickens, 15 to 20 minutes; Keep the sauce simmering while the pork is roasting.
- BASTE during the last 20 minutes of cooking time by stopping the rotisserie and brushing the peach sauce on the roast, continue to stop and baste every 5 minutes or so; When the roast is done remove it from the rotisserie and cover it loosely with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 15 minutes; Carve the roast and serve with any remaining peach sauce on the side (after a vigorous boil).