Recipe by Timothy H.
Marinating any kind of meat adds so much to the flavor and also helps make the meat more tender. Cornish hens are no exception. The following marinade works great on chicken as well. Although I cooked these on the Rotisserie you can go ahead and roast them in the oven and they will turn out perfect.
- 4 Cornish hens
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 scallions, white, light green and green parts chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry the hens. You shouldn’t have any giblets in the cavity but if you do, go ahead and discard them. Place the hens in a large container that you can cover and refrigerate.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a bowl. Pour them over the hens, making sure they are all coated. Cover the container and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. You can marinate these over night if needed.
- Remove the hens from the marinade and prepare them for cooking. If you are going to Rotisserie them, make sure you tie the legs and wigs tightly so they don’t dangle and get burned.
- Cook the hens for approximately 1 hour, until meat is cooked through and hens are evenly browned.
- If you are going to cook them in the oven, preheat it to 375 degrees. Place the hens on a roasting pan and cook for approximately 1 hour, flipping the birds so they brown evenly.