Recipe by agileangus
This is an easy recipe and a great way to prepare a roast without heating up my house on a hot Phoenix summer day. The marinade recipe is from a book called "The Passion of the Barbeque." I've made this for just my family, and have also made it for a large crowd (40 plus people) by adding more roasts to the spit. Preparation time includes marinating.
Top Review by Tapout
This was great...I made it about a week ago and it was so good we are having it again tonight. I also boiled the marinade and brushed it over while it was on the rottiserarie. It makes great sandwiches the next day too.
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 78.07 ml catsup
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1020.58-1360.77 g beef eye round
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except roast in a covered container or ziplock bag.
- Trim fat from meat and add to marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on spit over indirect heat.
- Close grill cover and roast at about 325°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until desired doneness.