Prep 6 hrs 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy recipe and a great way to prepare a roast without heating up my house on a hot Phoenix summer day. The marinade recipe is from a book called "The Passion of the Barbeque." I've made this for just my family, and have also made it for a large crowd (40 plus people) by adding more roasts to the spit. Preparation time includes marinating.
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except roast in a covered container or ziplock bag.
- Trim fat from meat and add to marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on spit over indirect heat.
- Close grill cover and roast at about 325°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until desired doneness.
This was great...I made it about a week ago and it was so good we are having it again tonight. I also boiled the marinade and brushed it over while it was on the rottiserarie. It makes great sandwiches the next day too.
Amazing is all I can say about this recipe... making the marinade was easy, quick and inexpensive... the outcome incredible. We did use a third clove of garlic and used the pan drippings to baste the roast as it was cooking. So looking forward to tomorrow's sandwich (how often do you say that about a Monday work lunch?!?) Thank-you!!!
I used an inside round roast for this and it worked very well. The marinade is excellent and I had the roast sitting in it for close to two days. Served with a horseradish/mayo sauce it was a hit. Thanks agileangus