1/2 Photos of Rotisserie Fresh Herb & Garlic Chicken
1 hr 34 mins
1 hr 9 mins
I worked this recipe last summer while I had oodles of fresh herbs growing in the garden. I remembered years ago placing fresh basil under the skin of a turkey I baked for Thanksgiving and decided lets try this with many herbs. It is so delicious the family begs for my rotisserie chickens! You can do this on a BBQ or kitchen rotisserie. You can prepare the chicken earlier and let it marinade in the fridge for the day as well before cooking. It will intense the flavors. I also place the herbs and garlic inside the bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean a five pound roasting chicken and pat dry.
- 2Carefully separate with your hand the skin from the meat without ripping the skin. Separate entire breast area to back and then leg area.
- 3Crush and Slice all the garlic lengthwise.
- 4Insert garlic slices between the skin and meat on breast, legs and inside bird.
- 5Remove the basil, oregano and sage leaves off the stems.
- 6Insert the leaves between the skin and meat on breast, legs and inside bird.
- 7Add evenly the stalks of thyme in all places as well, reserving 4 stalks.
- 8Place the tarragon inside the bird.
- 9Place one stalk of rosemary inside the bird.
- 10If the skin is very loose use a toothpick to close in front area and one in back.
- 11Tie up the bird so the legs and wings are not loose. Use cotton string.
- 12Rub the tied bird with the olive oil.
- 13Insert the spit for rotisserie making sure it is well secured.
- 14Sprinkle salt and pepper around the bird.
- 15Place the rosemary stalks, about 4 inches long, into the leg & wing area using the string to hold in place.
- 16Place 4 sprigs of thyme anywhere under strings.
- 17Place readied chicken onto rotisserie and cook one hour and fifteen minutes. Chicken cooks usually 15 minutes per pound.
- 18Use a meat thermometer for testing meat. Temperature should reach 165 degrees when done. Juices should run clear.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Fresh Herb & Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 466.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: