Recipe by mer@
Summer is grilling time and I love an outdoor grill with a rotisserie. Here is what I did with a small roast and I wanted to share with you.
Top Review by Lord Neuf
I found the McCormick Seasoning to be a little to spicy for my tastes, as a dry rub the seasoning didn't quite penetrate deep enough. It would be better if it was a roulade. The carrot and onion in the drip pan had very little effect on the flavor of the meat or the au jus. Adding a jar of gravy to the drippings isn't helpful. It would be better to deglaze the drippings and make your own gravy. Perhaps replacing the tin foil with a fire-proof non reactive pan would inprove the gravy making.
- 2 lbs eye of round roast
- 1⁄4 cup McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 medium carrot
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy (any brand)
- aluminum foil, to serve as drip tray (or an aluminum throw away pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set up your outdoor rotisserie grill for indirect cooking.
- Move lava rocks to one side and place aluminum drip pan in its place.
- If you have a newer grill like mine that uses no rocks, but has a dome over the burners, bend your aluminum to mold to the dome and create a pan for drippings.
- Light your grill and use the burner opposite from where you placed your drip pan.
- Leave the burner on high.
- Prepare your meat by sprinkling it with the seasoning.
- Rub into meat.
- Secure the meat on your rotisserie skewer so that it is over the drip pan.
- Place the roast on the grill and let the rotisserie run, covered for 20 minutes.
- At this time quarter your onion and carrot and place in drip pan.
- Continue to roast meat covered for 40 minutes, checking the drip pan occasionally for dryness and add water.
- After an hour use a meat thermometer to check for your desired doneness (160 degrees for medium).
- Place roast on a platter.
- Take drip pan, add 1/4 cup water and scrape pan drippings.
- Discard vegetables and mix pan drippings in with your favorite gravy Add a baked potato and a salad and enjoy!