1 hr 15 mins
Summer is grilling time and I love an outdoor grill with a rotisserie. Here is what I did with a small roast and I wanted to share with you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set up your outdoor rotisserie grill for indirect cooking.
- 2Move lava rocks to one side and place aluminum drip pan in its place.
- 3If you have a newer grill like mine that uses no rocks, but has a dome over the burners, bend your aluminum to mold to the dome and create a pan for drippings.
- 4Light your grill and use the burner opposite from where you placed your drip pan.
- 5Leave the burner on high.
- 6Prepare your meat by sprinkling it with the seasoning.
- 7Rub into meat.
- 8Secure the meat on your rotisserie skewer so that it is over the drip pan.
- 9Place the roast on the grill and let the rotisserie run, covered for 20 minutes.
- 10At this time quarter your onion and carrot and place in drip pan.
- 11Continue to roast meat covered for 40 minutes, checking the drip pan occasionally for dryness and add water.
- 12After an hour use a meat thermometer to check for your desired doneness (160 degrees for medium).
- 13Place roast on a platter.
- 14Take drip pan, add 1/4 cup water and scrape pan drippings.
- 15Discard vegetables and mix pan drippings in with your favorite gravy Add a baked potato and a salad and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Eye Round of Beef
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.5
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning