Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "The Dinner Doctor" cookbook and is being posted for the strawberry recipe swap. The salsa can be made 1 day in advance.
- 1 cup chopped seeded watermelon
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (3-4 lbs, cooked)
- In medium bowl, place watermelon, strawberries, onion, jalapeno and mint.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour olive oil and lime juice over mixture.
- Sprinkle on sugar.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Slice chicken into serving pieces.
- Spoon salsa over or next to chicken.
- Place remaining salsa in bowl and serve at table.
oh this is refreshing!! a great balance of heat and coolness, loved it.