Recipe by startnover
I wanted a simplified version of this yummy soup and realized the easiest thing would be to cut out cooking the chicken plus the flavor from the rotisserie really adds to the soup. Leftover chicken or boneless skinless chicken breasts work just fine though!
Top Review by djkitty23
This is absolutely delicious! My bf served some to his friends one evening with Texas toast, and they went berserk and scarfed it down. The only substitutions I made were using a few cubes of dry cilantro for the fresh, and using diced jalapenos instead of green chilies, only because i had none on-hand. I will DEFINITELY be making this again!
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 de-boned rotisserie roasted deli chicken, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 8 -10 peppercorns
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil broth, add onions, garlic, peppercorns, chicken, green chilies, tomato, thyme, cumin and salt.
- Simmer for 20 minute.
- Add lime juice and simmer 10 more minutes. Add cilantro just before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream, Monterey jack cheese, diced avocado, and deep fried corn tortilla strips, and a squeeze of lime juice.