Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a no-fail yummy rotisserie chicken all-purpose rub! I use this to cook chicken in any manner of ways: oven, grill & crock pot, etc. This also works great on pork loin or chops! Recipe makes 2 1/2 cups of spice/rub blend, but I use at least a 1/4 cup per whole chicken, so it goes fast! Easily made salt-free or lower-salt by omitting or adjusting it. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does :)
- 3⁄4 cup kosher salt (I use Sea Salt)
- 1⁄4 cup paprika (I use Smoked Paprika)
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Place all ingredients in air-tight storage container & enjoy!
- (Note: I place all ingredients in food processor & give it a whirl to ease in mixing, also if a finer texture is preferred).
I used smoked paprika and cooked the chicken on a Showtime Rotisserie. It turned out to have lots of flavor and a beautiful color.
This was amazing! the chicken was tender and the flavor ran throughout, some rubs just season the skin, this went into the chicken, definitely a favorite from now on!
Yum! This was so simple and so good. I made 1/2 of the mix since I cook primarily for myself. I used this on some baked chicken thighs and loved them. Such a great mix of flavors. Thanks Binxi for sharing this great recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.