Recipe by Beth F.
I make this chicken pot pie using rotisserie chickens. My kids love it and friends ask me to bring it to potlucks.
Top Review by COC in East Troy, WI
This is soooooo delicious!!! However, there are so many ingredients I added 2 cans of soup otherwise there would not have been hardly any gravy. I also had to cook a little longer and the potatoes weren' quite done, but maybe I just over did it with the veggies. I wouldn't add any less however, and did add onion. I also added some garlic salt. We will definately make this over and over again!!!! PMF, WI
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3 -4 thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 prepared pie crust (I follow Betty Crocker recipe for two crust 8in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove chicken from bones and break meat apart with your hands. Discard bones and skin but keep drippings.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, drippings, soup, carrots ,peas, potatos, parsley, salt and pepper. May need to add water or chicken broth for more liquid. Stir to mix.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Cover with pie crust, make 6-8 vents in crust with a knife and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.