1/3 Photos of Rotisserie Chicken or Turkey
2 hrs 20 mins
I cannot say enough about this way of cooking poultry. The outside skin is crisp and the inside is fall off the bone juicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare your barbecue.
- 2Remove all grill racks and preheat barbecue to 450°F If your barbecue comes with a rear burner use this only.
- 3Place heavy duty tray (your broil pan base works well for this) directly on burner.
- 4Mix together orange juice, wine, water, 1/2 orange cut into slices, 2 sprigs of rosemary and garlic cloves sliced.
- 5Pour liquid into tray.
- 6Now time for the chicken or turkey.
- 7Rinse well and pat dry. Rub with other 1/2 orange making sure to separate skin from breast area and applying here as well. Cut remaining orange in half and put inside cavity.
- 8Now break up 1 sprig of rosemary placing in and around breast area. Add another 1 or 2 sprigs to inside of cavity.
- 9Tie legs and wings tight to body of chicken or turkey using kitchen twine (wetting twine will help keep it from burning).
- 10Place on rotisserie and center over tray.
- 11Cook for 30-40 min at 450°F then reduce heat to 300°F The juice in the drip pan will continually evaporate, rise and self baste you chicken or turkey so try not to lift the lid too often. Do not let the pan dry out, add extra liquid as needed. Cook for 18-20 min per lb. or until cooked through. I have also used lime juice, beer and different herbs and spices. Experiment with your favorites. You will not be disappointed.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Chicken or Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.7
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 58.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: