Cook1 hr 20 mins
With the increasing popularity of rotisserie chicken at the grocery store I thought I would try to use this fowl in soup. Easy chicken noodle soup originally made in 12 quart roaster oven. Can be easily made in smaller quantities.
- Skin and de-bone chicken(s), reserve skins and wings. Pull apart and/or cut up chicken into large pieces and place in pot with skin and wings.
- Add Water, chopped onion, carrots, celery, Bay leaves and thyme. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken base and bouillon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add noodles about 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove chicken skins, wings and Bay leaves. If desired thicken with corn starch.
- Serve with crackers, bread, etc.