Cook1 hr 20 mins
With the increasing popularity of rotisserie chicken at the grocery store I thought I would try to use this fowl in soup. Easy chicken noodle soup originally made in 12 quart roaster oven. Can be easily made in smaller quantities.
- Skin and de-bone chicken(s), reserve skins and wings. Pull apart and/or cut up chicken into large pieces and place in pot with skin and wings.
- Add Water, chopped onion, carrots, celery, Bay leaves and thyme. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken base and bouillon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add noodles about 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove chicken skins, wings and Bay leaves. If desired thicken with corn starch.
- Serve with crackers, bread, etc.
Husband was feeling poorly after overseas trip so thought of proverbial chicken soup. Must have been "meant to be" that I had 3/4's of a Roti Chicken in fridge from day before.
I saut?ed 1 Rounded tsp. Jar minced garlic in a little olive oil then proceeded with recipe.
Used freshly ground 'peppercorn melange blend' that adds a nice flavor twist to ground pepper and Himalayan sea salt which has so many important trace nutrients for one's system.
Changed recipe proportions to make 4 servings.
it did the trick and he felt so much better the next morning.
Very good and pulled
It was a big hit for dinner. I made a smaller batch then the recipe since I didn't have 4 lbs of chicken.
We ate some of the chicken so I made a partial recipe with the leftovers. This was easy and it tasted great.