Recipe by luvmybge
Another delicious rotisserie recipe from Diane Phillips. If you can't get pancetta at your local grocery, substitute 3 strips of bacon.
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) chicken
GARLICKY PANCETTA-ROSEMARY PASTE
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 slice pancetta, 1/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken inside and out under cold running water and pat dry.
- Remove any excess fat from the skin and set aside.
- Process all the paste ingredients in a food processor or mini chopper until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Carefully lifte the skin from the chicken and spread some of the paste under the skin, covering the breast area and working down to the thighs and drumsticks if you can being careful not to tear the skin.
- Load chicken onto spit rod assembly. Truss according to manufacturer's directions, or tie the legs together and tie another string around the body and wings so the wings don't flop around during cooking, and rub the outside of the chicken with the remaining paste.
- Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 degrees, about 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove chicken from spit rod, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.