Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great easy recipe that our family loves. It's perfect as the main dish of a simple meal with French fries and cole slaw.
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (I use unsalted butter)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Season the inside of the chicken with a pinch of salt. Place the chicken onto a rotisserie and set the grill on high. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Durning that time, quickly mix together the butter, 1 tablespoon of salt, paprika and pepper. Turn the grill down to medium and baste the chicken with the butter mixture. Close the lid and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 180°F when taken in the thigh with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the rotisserie and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving into pieces and serving.