Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hands down the best rotisserie chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Remove gizzards from inside of chicken and wash throughly.
- Season the inside of the chicken with a pinch of salt.
- Place the chicken onto a rotisserie and set the grill on high.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- During that time, quickly mix together the butter, 1 tablespoon of salt, paprika and pepper.
- Turn the grill down to medium and baste the chicken with the butter mixture.
- Close the lid and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (83 degrees C) when taken in the thigh with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the rotisserie, wrap completely with foil and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.