Recipe by Rita~
The onion and lemon don't just flavor but helps stabilze the chicken on the rotisserie. Check out the demo http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=223418
- 1 -2 whole young roasting chickens (7 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 10 lemon verbena leaves or 10 lemon balm
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves removed from stem
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry rub seasonings, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your grill and prepare you rotisserie.
- Dry chickens thoroughly with paper towels. Sprinkle the inside and out of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chickens with onion and lemon.
- Place herbs and garlic under the skin.
- Rub with dry rub of choice. Truss the chicken by securing the breast and wings tightly with string.
- Place securely on rotisserie skewer.
- Place a drip pan under the where the chicken will be and fill it with 1/2 inch of water, beer or juice. Place skewer on rotisserie mounting on a preheated grill. Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until done. Be sure it is on tightly and turning smoothly.
- Cook until the center of one breast reached 165 degrees. Juices will run clear and the internal temperature. Rest for 20 minutes before carving.