Recipe by CountryLady
With a "no-cook" sauce, this is a perfect week night dish for the chef who also works outside of the home! Just toss a salad while the pasta is cooking.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We really enjoyed this tasty, fresh, easy to prepare pasta salad. I followed all directions and ingredients as posted, with the exception that I used a blend of romano and parmesan cheese (as I was running out of parm). I ended up serving the pasta salad as a cold salad. However, having tried some of it warm before I placed it in the fridge, I would definitely say that warm is the way to go and that it may have lost something once served cold (though it was still good). Thanks for a nice lunch that everyone enjoyed.
- 7 cups rotini pasta or 7 cups pasta, of your choice
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 8- 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients including reserved liquid& toss to coat.
- Serve immediately as pasta waits for nobody!