Recipe by Denise in NH
I found this recipe on the back of the box of Heartland Organic Rotini. I have copied the recipe exactly as found on the box. I am sure you can substitute any brand of Rotini. Very easy to make and delicious.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta (Heartland Organic)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, Packed
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the Rotini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor combine olive oil and garlic. Blend until the garlic is minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients with exception of the Romano cheese.
- Blend until the mixture forms a smooth sauce like paste.
- Heat a medium size skillet, add the pesto sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the Rotini to the sauce, stir to coat evenly.
- Heat thoroughly and top each portion with Romano cheese.
- Serve immediately.