1/1 Photo of Rotini With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Chef SirLazyLot's Note:
This recipe is pretty versatile. You can switch anything here with whatever you have in your fridge. That's kinda what I did and here's what I came up with! It's a good recipe when you don't want to waste some left over meat/chicken from the fridge or even from the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive, pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 g meat (leftovers is fine) or 100 g chicken (leftovers is fine)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add the pasta and cook until al dente and drain the pasta.
- 3In large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add in the minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook until fragrant.
- 5Add in the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, olives and hot sauce. Stir continuously.
- 6Add in the salt, sugar, dried italian herbs, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes and meat/chicken. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- 7Put in all the pasta in the skillet together with the sauce.
- 8Stir them together over low heat.
- 9Serve hot and sprinkle the finely chopped parsley as garnishing.
- 10Eat up and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotini With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian herb seasoning