Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Rotini With Spicy Meat Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 2⁄3 cups uncooked rotini pasta (8 oz.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 medium stalk celery, chopped (1 1/2 c.)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 c.)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced slices quartered (1 cup)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef, celery, and onions over med-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is thoroughly cooked; drain and return to skilet.
- Stir in drained pasta and remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat to boiling; decrease heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Sprinkle with cheese.