Recipe by KookieMomster
This is a satisfying one pot dish that has lots of flavor and texture. My 6 y/o son ate a second helping despite the onions and peppers in the sauce. I used left-over steak a jus that I had frozen, not consommé, and Classico brand 'Italian Sausage with peppers and onions' for the spaghetti sauce
- 6 sweet breakfast sausage links
- 1 cup bunching onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup brown button mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup beef consomme
- 1⁄2 lb rotini pasta
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, drain and set it aside if it finishes before the sauce is done.
- Chop all veggies and mushrooms evenly.
- Heat a large pan and add olive oil, onions, sausages, peppers, mushrooms and celery, cook until brown-stir frequently.
- Add garlic and cook a minute more.
- Add spaghetti sauce and use a jus to swish out jar into sauce.
- Stir and heat through, add pasta and simmer until sauce thickens a little.