Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Food Network. Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Everyday Lunches I haven't tried this, but when I do I will make it vegan by leaving the cheese out.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 1⁄4 lbs roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup crumbled ricotta salata or 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the hot pasta in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, ricotta salata cheese, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss to combine, adding the remaining pasta water, if desired. Serve.