Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy cool salad that's great for the warmer weather. It is also a great way to get your veggies :)
- 8 ounces boxes rotini pasta
- salt (for boiling water to cook pasta)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham or 1 cup chicken, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery, optional
- 2 cups frozen peas, cooked as directed
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water as directed on box.
- Drain pasta, place in large bowl and while still hot drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Add onion, salt, pepper and cheese and toss well.
- Gently mix in remaining ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly.
A great all round pasta salad. I used tri-color rotini for more color. I also used white wine vinegar and light-flavored olive oil instead of the regular vinegar and vegetable oil. I used left-over rotisserie chicken meat. The flavors combined nicely. I had to add a little more mayo the next day, as it became a little dry, but the flavor was a little stronger, and better, the next day. I want to try it with ham, too. Definitely a keeper recipe.
This pasta salad was quick and easy to make and delicious. I must say that it tasted better the next day as the flavors had blended. I did not use the celery (personal preference) but did use some celery salt. Thank you!
This was a delicious lunch, Karen. Very easy to throw together. I used left-over chicken and tossed in a few mushrooms that I needed to use up. The peas make it so Spring-y. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.