Recipe by lazyme
From the Jamaica Inn in Dunedin (near Tampa). I like to use 3-color rotini to add a little more color.
Top Review by breezermom
The taste was great! I may have made a mistake in the ham I used. I used a whole ham that I smoked, and it didn't really "julienne", it kind of shredded. So I think that may have been responsible for the fact that all the cheese and sauce seemed to make little bricks around the shreds of ham. LOL. I think if I'd used a precooked processed smoked ham, that might not have happened. I tried adding a bit more cream, but that didn't seem to help. But loved the mix of pasta, zucchini, carrots and mushrooms with the ham. I followed your advice and used the tri-color rotini. Made for Bargain Basement tag. Thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 lb smoked ham, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ham, carrot zucchini, and mushrooms; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cheeses in small bowl.
- Add to sauce by handfuls, stirring until melted after each addition.
- Stir in nutmeg.
- Drain pasta.
- Add to sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer pasta and sauce to large bowl.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and parsley and serve.