Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For Josh - this is his favorite dinner. The sauce is perfect for dunking crusty hot rolls - it's an intense beefy/tomato flavor that my kids just love!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes, plus
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 packages lipton onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- rotini pasta, cooked and tossed with a small amount of
- butter or olive oil
- Brown ground chuck in a large skillet and drain any grease.
- Add the two packages of soup mix, the can of crushed tomatoes and the can of water.
- Mix well and simmer approximately ten minutes.
- Serve over buttered rotini pasta and top with grated cheese.
- Serve with crusty rolls for dunking!
Quick and tasty family meal. I added the sauce mix to the cooked pasta and served in pasta bowls with garlic bread. We had this on a Sunday evening after being out most of the day, love these quick and easy to prepare meals.
2 packages of soup is way too much. This may be fine if you cut it down to one package.
Easy to make, and loved the pasta, but the addition of two soup packages instead of one was way too much. Not one to keep, for us.