Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Unique and delicious!
- 6 -8 ounces tricolor rotini pasta
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup oil-packed artichoke heart, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Cook the rotini by following the package directions for al dente; drain and rinse briefly under cold running water; drain completely.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Add in basil and stir to mix.
- To make the salad: Transfer drained pasta to a serving bowl; add in the salmon, olives, capers, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, peas, and corn; toss gently to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad (also sprinkle a little feta cheese if desired--very good).
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.