Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really good and quick. My Mom used to make this all the time, although once she served it to guests and forgot to add the shrimp. Not quite the same that way! Try it, even the shellfish-shy will become believers.
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- salt and pepper
- Cook rotini according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter and oil and sauté the shrimp, shallots and garlic until almost done.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue cooking until shrimp is tender.
- Stir in hot cooked rotini until evenly blended.
This was great. I cut the fat even more by skipping the butter entirely and adding the shrimp to the pasta in the last 30 sec's. I mixed the ingredients and drizzled just enough oil over then to gloss and flavor the dish (maybe 1/2 a tsp on my single serving). I used lemon pepper in place of the peel. It was made in the morning and served chilled for dinner. I would have enjoyed some veggies added, broccoli and carrots sound good.
This was a simple, quick and great-tasting recipe. Next time I think I'll double the sauce ingredients..increasing the butter, olive oil, shallots, garlic, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce & parsley. I can't wait to try it again. This recipe will be put in my 'quick cooking' file. Thank you very much!!