Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese, of your choice (I use Monterey Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook Rotini according to package directions.
- In saucepan over medium/low heat melt butter; stir in flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder till smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk; bring to a boil and stir till thickened.
- Remove from heat and add both cheeses and lemon juice stirring until cheese is melted.
- Combine cheese sauce with the Rotini.
- Sprinkle with Parsley or Paprika to garnish.
This recipe is spot-on! Congratulations, Denise, this is the first time my husband has eaten anything homemade and cooked by me EVER (he is a very territorial cook...) I had to cut out the lemon juice, (because he has a citrus allergy) and I look forward to making these again, they turned out beautifully!
We loved this recipe. It was very simple and easy and the flavor was outstanding! Will definately cook this dish again. Thanks, Denise.
Perfect-shaped pasta for this dish. A little cheesy for me (I get cheesed-out easily), but my BF really liked it. Froze/thawed well. I added a few peas for color and I browned up some bite-sized pieces of kielbasa to add some salty-savory to the rich cheese flavor. I would make this easy, simple dish again. Thanks, Denise.