Rotini and Black Bean Salad
- Cook the rotini al dente, as directed on the package; drain and rinse briefly under cold running water; drain completely and set aside.
- To make the dressing: whisk the vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together; slowly whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Put the pasta in a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes, corn, green onions, chives, and cilantro; toss gently to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently again to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
- Right before you are ready to serve, peel and dice the avocado and toss it with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the avocado over the salad and serve.