Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something different and great tasting for lunch.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels, blanched or 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (white parts only)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives or 1⁄4 cup tender green parts of the green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- Cook the rotini al dente, as directed on the package; drain and rinse briefly under cold running water; drain completely and set aside.
- To make the dressing: whisk the vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together; slowly whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Put the pasta in a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes, corn, green onions, chives, and cilantro; toss gently to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently again to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
- Right before you are ready to serve, peel and dice the avocado and toss it with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the avocado over the salad and serve.
This is a nice lite summer meal. I added some boccolli slaw and frozed peas. Thanks for the recipe!!! It's a keeper.