Tulsi Regmi's Note:
This is a Nepali staple flat bread preparation made from whole wheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, melted butter, salt and sugar.
- 2Make a well in the center and add warm water and milk, mixing it with the flour until a soft dough is formed.
- 3Dust kneading board with flour; place the dough on the board and knead for ten minutes or so.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for an hour or so.
- 5Divide the dough into three-inch balls.
- 6Flatten the dough balls into 6-7 inch circles.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap.
- 8Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- 9Place one roti on the skillet, top-side down and cook for 30 seconds or so.
- 10Turn over and cook for another minute until small air pockets emerge.
- 11Turn it over once more and cook for another minute.
- 12With a lightly-wet towel, press on the roti, forcing it to develop more air pockets.
- 13Keep the finished rotis warm in a towel as you continue to prepare other rotis.
- 14Serve hot with vegetable or meat preparations.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roti (Nepali Non-Leavened Whole Wheat Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 623.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g