Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Nepali staple flat bread preparation made from whole wheat.
Make and share this Roti (Nepali Non-Leavened Whole Wheat Flat Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, melted butter, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add warm water and milk, mixing it with the flour until a soft dough is formed.
- Dust kneading board with flour; place the dough on the board and knead for ten minutes or so.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for an hour or so.
- Divide the dough into three-inch balls.
- Flatten the dough balls into 6-7 inch circles.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place one roti on the skillet, top-side down and cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Turn over and cook for another minute until small air pockets emerge.
- Turn it over once more and cook for another minute.
- With a lightly-wet towel, press on the roti, forcing it to develop more air pockets.
- Keep the finished rotis warm in a towel as you continue to prepare other rotis.
- Serve hot with vegetable or meat preparations.
tasteless and gummy, could not get moisture out of it.
We enjoyed these for dinner tonight with cabbage sabzi and I plan to make this many many more times! THANKS for sharing!!!