Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple flat-bread that's great served with a curry dish. This is a gluten-free version of a traditional Indian Roti
- 100 g amaranth flour
- 100 g gluten-free cornflour (maize flour or cornstarch)
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 ml water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place the flours and salt in a bowl, making a "well" in the centre. Pour in the water and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Gentley knead the dough on a hard surface that has been lightly dusted with additional amaranth flour. Knead for 3 minutes or until smooth. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a circle.
- Using a non-stick frypan, cook over a medium heat until cooked and golden on both sides. Cook one at a time.
- Lightly brush with meted butter and keep warm while you cook the remaining roti.