1/1 Photo of Roti De Porc Au Lait - Pork Loin With Whole Milk
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a French classic that is a perfect comfort food, inspiration taken from Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g boneless pork loin roast
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large leek, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Tie parsley, thyme, and bay leaf together to make a bouquet garni.
- 2Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and add the butter. Brown the roast on all sides (6 to 7 minutes total).
- 4Remove roast from pan and set aside. Add onion, carrot, leak, and garlic to pan and stir over high heat until soft (10 minutes or so).
- 5Add the flour stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes, then slowly add the milk and bouquet garni and bring to a boil.
- 6Let simmer for 5 minutes then add the roast. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour making sure to rotate the pork every 15-20 minutes to prevent scorching. Remove the pork and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 7While the pork is resting, remove the bouquet garni, and strain the cooking liquid into a small pot and bring to a boil. Using a hand blender or food processor, puree the sauce until foamy, and adjust seasoning to taste with salt & pepper.
- 8Carve the roast and spoon sauce over and around.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roti De Porc Au Lait - Pork Loin With Whole Milk
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 946.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 51.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: