This is the authentic recipe used by the Mamak (Indians) in Malaysia. The recipes that have margarine or eggs and milk are not the ones they use in those Indian food stalls. Incredibly easy. must try!
- Mix the salt in the water.
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl. Add the salted water gradually.
- Mix the flour into a dough. kneed until smooth. Make sure the texture of the dough is not too sticky and gooey.
- Oil your hands with cooking oil and then make the dough into palm sized balls.
- In a bowl pour some oil so that the dough doesn’t stick to the bowl. Put in the balls, coating it with oil as you put one on top of each other. After it is all in a bowl, totally immerse it in oil. Leave over night.
- Oil your kneading space. Take out one dough ball, flatten it out into with you palms until the size of a dinner plate.
- Flip it like a pizza (I put a link below to show you how to flip it).
- Flip the dough a couple of times and spread it out until paper thin.
- Take the one edge and fold it to the middle. Do this another three times so that it will turn into a square.
- Grease a flat pan or skillet with cooking oil and cook until golden brown.