Top Review by lesley.vandeven
This was a great starter for me - never made it before. I used more curry plus 1 T turmeric. I cooked my potatoes in the microwave first which helped a lot. This didn't make enough for 10 though, more like 4.
- 5 cups flour
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 lb beef
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over the flour. Use a big spoon for mixing as dough will be really hot. Mix until smooth so it will be easy to roll out (like a pie shell); grease frypan before frying.
- Make them the size of taco shells. Also oil both sides of roti and fry.
- Keep it warm in a covered pan or bowl while frying the remaining roti.
- Serve with curry.
- Heat the oil first. Fry the ginger, garlic and the onion until brown.
- Add the salt and curry powder.
- Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add small cubes of beef and let it cook until the beef is tender.
- Then add potato cubes.
- If the meat is kind of dry, add a little water.
- Also the meat and potatoes will cook better.
- When curry mixture is done, put some in each roti shell (something like tacos) and wrap the roti shell around the curry mixture (like a package).