Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 'The 5 in 10 Cookbook'.
- 1 lb rotelle pasta
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives or 1 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the rotelle until tender but still firm, about 7 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, coarsely chop the olives. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy frying pan. When the oil is hot, stir in the tomatoes with their juices, the olives and the cheese. Gently warm through. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- Drain the cooked pasta and pour it into a serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to coat well.