Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make your own Rotel Tomatoes to suit your taste. You can make it hot or mild. Source: Now Your Cookin'
- Place in 4 quart saucepan, and simmer until reduced to 1 quart.
- (Measure 1 quart water into saucepan in advance, and mark on outside of pan, to help you judge).
- The cans at the grocers are 10oz in size, so freeze in 1 cup portions.
- This way you can adjust the hot peppers to suit yourself, and making small batches is so easy!
- Remember, freezing makes the peppers hotter.
I am not sure what actual Rotel tomatoes should taste like but these are great. I used them in a recipe the other that called for Rotels and you cant buy them here so I made this recipe. Worked great, they would be great on hand for chili, casseroles or spaghetti sauce.
We cannot buy rotel tomatoes where I live so this is perfect for me. Love the fact that it is freezable. Thank you!
Have never seen Rotel tomatoes here in a can so you can imagine that I was very pleased to find this recipe. So easy to make and great taste. Used some for a pastasauce, a casserole and a chili. One batch I just had as it was, as a sauce over rice one day when I was too hurried to make anything "elaborate". This will certainly be made again when I run out of my freezer-stored batches, want to have it on hand. Thanks for posting.