Recipe by Miss Annie
Make your own Rotel Tomatoes to suit your taste. You can make it hot or mild. Source: Now Your Cookin'
Top Review by Tara
I am not sure what actual Rotel tomatoes should taste like but these are great. I used them in a recipe the other that called for Rotels and you cant buy them here so I made this recipe. Worked great, they would be great on hand for chili, casseroles or spaghetti sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts peeled chopped seeded tomatoes (about 4lbs)
- 12 jalapenos or 12 hot chili peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in 4 quart saucepan, and simmer until reduced to 1 quart.
- (Measure 1 quart water into saucepan in advance, and mark on outside of pan, to help you judge).
- The cans at the grocers are 10oz in size, so freeze in 1 cup portions.
- This way you can adjust the hot peppers to suit yourself, and making small batches is so easy!
- Remember, freezing makes the peppers hotter.