Recipe by Skooch
Found this recipe in a magazine and it looked wonderful so I decided to try it and it's absolutely great.
Top Review by AnnieLynne
This recipe was incredibly easy and we really enjoyed it! I had to leave out the mushrooms (BF loathes them), but prepared the rest of the recipe as-written. This was the perfect amount of spice for us. The chicken was fabulous served over long grain brown rice with sauce over all of it...Mmmmm! Thanks, Skooch! This is a keeper and will go on the quick, but fabulous list! :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (Original)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil until brown. Add onion and garlic, saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and ROTEL tomatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Replace cover and heat until cheese melts.
- Serve over rice.