Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine and it looked wonderful so I decided to try it and it's absolutely great.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (Original)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil until brown. Add onion and garlic, saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and ROTEL tomatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Replace cover and heat until cheese melts.
- Serve over rice.
Very easy to make, I used spinach instead of mushrooms, sprinkled about 1/2 tsp of Cumin over cooked chicken, added a can of black beans with the rotel and served over brown rice, it was a hit for the whole family and that's tough to do with 8 and 14 year old boys + hubby! It's definitely going into my weekly rotation!!
This was really easy to make and so good! I paired it with Rice a Roni chicken garlic rice and spinach. This made a great, filling meal that was less than 400 calories.
This recipe was very good. I ended up cutting the chicken into large chunks and adding 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato sauce. It made for a thicker sauce over the rice, and very tasty.