Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, flavorful rice recipe. Add some beans for a complete vegetarian meal.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel, undrained
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (see step 2 below)
- Drain Rotel, reserving liquid.
- Add vegetable broth or water to Rotel juice to make 3 cups of liquid.
- Combine rice, Rotel and liquid in large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and simmer 20 minutes. (Don't open the lid!).
- Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Easy to prepare, for me this was fine as was, I didn't stir and didn't need more liquid. I used long grain rice, drained tomatoes as suggested and used the juice to make up the broth. A tasty rice which made a good accompaniment to a vegetarian supper! Made for PAC Spring 2009
This is a nice way to add some life to plain rice! We enjoyed this very much and it is so easy to make. I did stir the rice after the first 10 minutes. The only change I might try next time is to add 1/4 cup more liquid. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game