Recipe by Photo Momma
This dish is so simple, yet so delicious. I've been making this for years, and never get tired of it. Usually this is served as a side dish, but I've eaten it as the main course before too! You can use ONE can of original Rotel if you want. 2 cans of original make it SUPER hot. Go for it if you're brave! ;-)
Top Review by Jenny P.
Nice way to wake up the Mac and cheese, aldente large elbows, didn't have on hand Rotel but I had a can of Mexican stewed tomatoes, added the mushroom soup, sour cream, used Velveeta queso cheese and shredded sharp cheddar, at the end of that wonderful concoction and the melt goodness I diced a fresh jalapeño and stirred it in, goodness!
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (595.33 g) rotel, mild
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 226.79 g elbow macaroni
- 226.79 g sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- While this is cooking, in a 9" x 13" dish, mix the diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, mushroom soup, and sour cream.
- Stir in half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the cheddar cheese.
- When macaroni is cooked and drained, mix with the soup mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses and bake for 30 minutes.